Microsoft Office is a family of software that helps the home users, business users as well as students in simplifying their work. In order to access the applications and manage them, you have to download, install and activate your Office application. For experiencing the error-free Office setup, you have to follow the process mentioned below.
How to Activate and Download Office?
The first step of the procedure is to purchase the Office subscription. After the successful completion of the purchase process, you can move to the next step i.e. Activation and Download.
- First and foremost, you have to access a web browser on your computer system.
- After that, visit the Office activation web page. For this, you have to type “setup.office.com” in the address bar of your browser. Carefully enter the URL and then press the Enter key.
- In the next window, Office asks you to Sign-in to your Office account by tapping the “Sign In” button. Further, you have to provide the associated login credentials in their respective fields.
- However, if you are a new user and want to create an Office account, then, you have to click the “Create a new account” tab. Next, enter the profile details for the successful creation of your account.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to enter the Office Product Key in the empty field. You can find your product key on the product card that comes with the purchase box. Also, you can look at the receipt of your Office product for the product key.
- Afterwards, choose a country or region as well as language, as per your preference. In order to select, you have to click the inverted triangle and further select the desired option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you are done with all this, the next step is to tap the “Next” button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Microsoft Account Window. You will find the download link in this window. Click the link from the Office webpage for downloading the Office setup file.
- This will begin the download process. You have to wait for the completion of the process.
Procedure to Install Office Setup Application
- Open the Downloads folder on your Windows device.
- Now, search for the downloaded setup file and double-click it.
- Further, the Security Warning pop-up box will appear. Here, you have to click the “Run” button to permit the application to run on your Windows system.
- You might also get a User Account Control pop-up box. Here, you have to click the “Yes” tab for permitting the application to make the necessary changes.
- By doing so, the installation process will begin. You have to wait for the successful completion of the installation process.
- Once the Office Setup process gets completed, “You’re all set” window will appear on your screen. In this window, press the “Close” tab to conclude the process and to come out of the installation wizard.
- Firstly, access the Downloads folder.
- Then, you have to locate and double-click the Office setup file.
- In the welcome window that appears, you are required to select the “Continue” button.
- After that, you will be asked to read the Office License Agreement document carefully. Read the whole document and hit the “Continue” tab.
- Now, a popup box will appear on your screen asking you to accept the terms and conditions of the License Agreement. In order to do so, you have to click the “Agree” option.
- In the next window, you will get the option to change the installation location. For this, click the “Change Install Location” option and select the desired location.
- Thereafter, click the “Install” tab to proceed further with the process.
- The next step of the Office setup process is to provide the Mac Administrator username and password. After entering the credentials, you have to click the “Install Software” option.
- This will begin the installation process. You have to wait for a few minutes for the process to get completed.
- After the successful completion of the process, you have to tap the “Close” button to conclude the process.